Trouble With Squeak Tutorial?

Joshua Gargus gargus at cs.ualberta.ca
Mon Apr 17 23:59:35 UTC 2000

On Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 04:42:46PM -0700, Conrad Taylor wrote:
> How are you doing?

I continue to be well.  Oh wait, maybe that's just a standard rhetorical
greeting (uh-oh, I'm sounding more like Bijan all the time ;-)

> Well, I wasn't able to get pass the
> section on 'Writing more permanent code'.  I attempted
> to add the method:
>
> hello
>     Transcript show:  'Hello World'

Where are you adding the method?  Are you sure you're adding it to the
right class?  Highlight 'hello' in your workspace, and hit Alt-M (shows
all implementors of the method selector named 'hello').

Try navigate to Object>>dependents, and type over this method with the
code shown above.  This will add the method 'hello' in Object's category
'dependents access'.  In general, navigate to the category you want the
method to appear in, and then type in the code in the edit pane below.

Good luck,
Joshua