VNC Server

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Tue Apr 4 07:42:18 UTC 2000

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Stephen Pair wrote:

> My project for this weekend was to start implementing a VNC server for
> Squeak.

Cool! I thought about doing this myself - but then, Xvnc does all I want
so there just wasn't enough motivation for me. It would be awesome for all
the people that are forced to use Mac or Win :-)

> 2.  HandMorphs don't seem to be included in the Display bitmap (or maybe
> they aren't their because I don't get a damage report for them)...how can I
> pick up the HandMorphs?

There are (at least?) two things to mention here:

a) Squeak normally uses the hardware cursor. To make it always use it's
   own cursor drawing routines you can use
	World activeHand userInitials: ' '.
	Cursor blank show.

b) The hand's damage is collected separately. Each hand (there can be more
   than one) saves a patch and restores it when moving - see
   PasteUpMorph>>displayWorld and the HandMorph's drawing protocol ~8-}

OTOH I would much prefer intercepting BitBlt to Display, just like Dean
said. It's more general.

Good luck!

  -Bert-