World sensitivity (was Re: [updates] 35 more for 2.8alpha)

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Sun Apr 30 18:13:23 UTC 2000

At 12:59 30.04.00 -0400, you wrote:
>So what is the global World good for?  Do we really need it?

In case of full screen worlds, it contains the world morph (a kind of
PasteUpMorph).  It contains nil for other worlds.

Actually, I think it isn't needed.  It's a handy reference but every morph
can be asked for its world by using #world already.  To add new morphs to
the world, one could ask the (actually one) hand morph for the
world.  (BTW, I bet that not all code in morphic can deal with the fact
that there could be more than one hand)

David, I think you're right. One could remove the global and replace its
references with a few new methods.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf