Aha! How to get rid of Blocks in Smalltalk.

Chris Macie cjmacie at well.com
Thu Apr 20 13:35:02 UTC 2000

At 11:31 PM 4/19/00 -0600, you wrote:
....>Well, I hope I have explained my idea clearly enough. Let me know what
you
>think. I, for one, am estatic; I've finally figured out why I've always
>been uncomfortable with blocks and how I can get rid of them! At least,
>until someone bursts my bubble. :)
>
>David Farber

If you can get your hands of a copy of the article in the original 1981
BYTE Magazine by Peter Deutsch, on Control Structures in Smalltalk (made
possible by extending the language using blocks, rather than extending the
syntax), you might use the examples in that article as test cases for your
theory.

Chris Macie