Packaging into the sole Squeak window

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at gate.net
Wed Apr 26 03:52:53 UTC 2000

>MMM well working backwards I see that you need to call the Mac's sizeWindow
>which is called from ioSetDisplayMode in sqMacWindow.c which is called by
>primitiveSetDisplayMode in interp.c which is primitive 92
>
>In Interpreter primitiveSetDisplayMode talkes about
>looking at DisplayScreen setDisplayDepth:extent:fullscreen:
>
>which is where the trail grows cold.

Not so cold:  After examining the code is was fairly clear what to do
if you wanted to exercise the primitive.  Add the following method to
DisplayScreen class:

depth: depthInteger width: widthInteger height: heightInteger flag: aBoolean
	<primitive: 92>
	self primitiveFail

And run the doIt:

	DisplayScreen depth: 8 width: 100 height: 100 flag: false

This will reduce the window to 100 by 100.  Presumably, there was a
reason the code executing this was deleted from the general release
Andrew C. Greenberg		acg at netwolves.com
V.P. Eng., R&D, 		813.885.2779 (office)
Netwolves Corporation		813.885.2380 (facsimile)
www.netwolves.com