Automatic screen resize [was: Re: [updates] 35 more...]

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Fri Apr 28 04:19:05 UTC 2000

"R. A. Harmon" <harmonra at webname.com> responded:
>I would suspect not as MVC is slated to be removed from Squeak Central
>release.  I'm not sure when.

Now, Richard, you really are working for the Eeyore award, aren't you?  ;-).

It's so easy (was it Lex who suggested this?).  Define...
-----------------------
DisplayScreen class>>checkForNewScreenSize
	Display extent = DisplayScreen actualScreenSize ifTrue: [^ self].
	DisplayScreen startUp.
	World isMorph
		ifTrue: [World restoreDisplay]
		ifFalse: [ScheduledControllers restore.
				ScheduledControllers searchForActiveController]
... and insert the line
	DisplayScreen checkForNewScreenSize.
right before the delays in
	PasteUpMorph>>interCyclePause: (for Morphic)
and
	Controller>>interActivityPause (for MVC)

C'est tout.  I will put this out as an update in the next few days.

	- Dan