[ANN][DOC] A Taste of Squeak

Jeff Szuhay jeff at szuhay.org
Tue Apr 18 18:18:27 UTC 2000

I am quite pleased to announce that
     "A Taste of Smalltalk"
     by Ted Kaehler and Dave Patterson,
     W.W. Norton & Co., 1986.
which is now completely out of print and very hard to find
will be re-published on the SqueakDocs website as
   "A Taste of Squeak"
(with a subtitle I can't remember right now).

Ted Kaehler has secured the rights to this work and all the
proper permissions (thanks, Dave P. and Mark G.) have also
been granted.

Anyway, this will be a revised and updated version of
the original work specifically for Squeak. First efforts
will be toward getting modest revisions on the web.

And because it  will be published on the web, it will be a
dynamic document reflecting some of the exciting
enhancements as they come to Squeak
(Morphic is but one example).

The work will be overseen by Ted but I'm expecting to be doing most,
if  not all, of it.

My first request: the original work has pictures of Squeak running
on IBM PC/AT, a Macintosh 512K, and a Tektronix 4404 Artificial
Intelligence System. I would like to collect as many pictures (GIF or
JPEGs) as possible of Squeak running on different platforms, to be
made available for web publishing. Your help would be greatly
appreciated
and would underscore the truly wide array of platforms on which
Squeak now runs. Send submissions to me with "[Squeak]" prepended
to the subject line.

<mailto:jeff at szuhay.org?subject=[Squeak] Family Portrait: ...>

Jeff 8-)

   Jeff Szuhay     <mailto:jeff at szuhay.org>