Is there any interest for Drag&Drop for standard tools at all?

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Fri Apr 21 10:54:14 UTC 2000

Hello,

I just tried to make a BookMorph and while doing that wished I had some drag and drop
so I tried to pull the text off a workspace and it worked. The workspace had to be disposed as the TextMorphForEditView was missing from it but it made me
think of a way to make drag and drop work.

1. Select the text you want to d&d and hold down a modifier (e.g.. alt) key and drag and a
    new TextMorphForEditView or TextMorph is created and the text is extracted (Cut
    and Paste) from the original text and put into the new morph and can be moved anywhere.
    Holding down another key like shift while doing this you just make a copy ( Copy and Paste)
    of the text that you can move.

2   Change  the TextMorph so it accepts a dropped TextMorph as a paste in  at the arrows
     position.

Seems like some simple connections could be made to implement this since all
the basic functionality really is there, like copy, cut and paste and the morphic
system.

Another thing. Why does the window your typing to lose focus when the mouse is moved out
of it ? At times when the window is small, like a querybox, it's easy to lose the focus cause your
hand push the mousecord etc. Other systems let you keep the focus till you click somewhere else.

Have a nice Easter.

Karl