[GOODIE] Personal Information Manager

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Thu Apr 13 16:06:25 UTC 2000

Dear Joshua,

I just wanted to give feedback of a first look at your organizer from a
person currently not very experienced in using Morphs!

I think your PIM seems to go into the direction of graphically idea
development tools (don't know the correct word).
I would like to have some personal planning tool in the direction of
MS-Outlook, but not so big, and with
- priorities for different tasks,
- overviews of tasks for
	- day,
	- month,
	- year,
	- without time (very important!)
. Without time, because I want to plan fuzzy with tasks, for which I
don't want to say exactly, when to do them.

Because there are some other things on my list, I only tell wishes here
;-)

Further comments:

Joshua Gargus wrote:

> Hi Stephan,
>
> On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 04:59:18PM +0200, Stephan Rudlof wrote:
> > Joshua Gargus wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I've finally whipped my PIM into a semi-releasable state.
> > > There are still some rough edges, but I can use it quite
> > > efficiently.
> > >
> > > The file 'organizer.tar.gz' contains a 'readme.txt' file, two
> > > changesets (one is optional but suggested, see readme.txt),
> > > two '.obj' files which contain icons for the organizer, and
> > > 'organizer.morph', which is the documentation for the PIM.
> >
> > Wow! The organizer.morph is very neat!
>
> Yeesh.  All that work coding the app, and the organizer.morph that I whipped
> up in half an hour gets the applause ;-)

I haven't seen so much BookMorphs yet, so I'm very impressed...
And they are much more neat than pure changeset preambles!

> You think that's neat... just wait until we have hardware 3d acceleration and
> start tossing around embedded Wonderlands!!
>

> > > I just noticed that the file is 329K (mostly due to the
> > > documentation morph), so rather than clog the pipes of
> > > those with modems, I have placed the file at:
> > >
> > > http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/~gargus/organizer.tar.gz
> > >
> > > Until I find a better home for it (on the swiki?)
> > >
> > > Code, comments, and crushing critiques welcome,
> >
> > Very first impressions:
> > - icons are nice,
> > - an example with some example data (appointments, persons, ideas, etc.)
> > would be nice,
>
> I'll look into this.
>
> > - not very comprehensible, not easily visible (perhaps I didn't see some
> > features...).
>
> Um.  Words don't convey the use of the organizer very well.

Exactly.

> I've had similar
> explanation problems trying to explain it verbally to friends (and this is
> with the aid of hand gestures).  Any specific problems that I can help with?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by 'not easily visible'.

An overview about all concepts/ideas/descriptions... at once.
But probably it is also a question of how and for what to use the PIM.

Greetings,

Stephan

--
Stephan Rudlof (sr at evolgo.de)