Toward version 2.8

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Mon Apr 3 14:14:58 UTC 2000

Richard,

does the Numeric stuff interfere with methods changed for installing the
LargeIntegers module/plugin?
I want to make some changes in the plugin (e.g. for 2.8 there isn't a
need to have a special function to switch it off), so now it would be a
good time to solve eventually conflicts.

>From the changeset preamble of Install_LargeIntegers_module:
Functionality:

It changes Integer methods
#digitAdd:, #digitSubtract:,
#digitMultiply:neg:, #digitDiv:neg:,
#bitShift:,

and Large(Positive/Negative)Integer methods #normalize.

Bit logic:
        Integer methods #bitAnd:, #bitOr: and #bitXor: are calling
corresponding methods in the module.
        It speeds them up, but only for positive Integers!

Regards,

Stephan

--
Stephan Rudlof (sr at evolgo.de)