[BUG][FIX] OrderedCollection>>#do:

R. A. Harmon harmonra at webname.com
Thu Apr 13 19:43:47 UTC 2000

At 09:01 AM 4/13/00 -0700, Dan Ingalls wrote:
>"R. A. Harmon" <harmonra at webname.com> wrote...
>>Evaluating:
>>
>>	ContextPart trace: [OrderedCollection new]
>>
>>cause a MNU error because index (= firstIndex = nil) <= lastIndex (= nil).
>>
>>My proposed fix is the following:
>
>	<Nil-tolerant code for OrderedCollection do:>
>
>I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to wrap an exception around trace:'s
> attempt to print.  Otherwise we might find ourselves sprinkling lots of code
> around that wastes time just because of wanting to print things that are in
> an inconsistent state.
[snip]

After I sent the fix, I got to wondering if I any of my stuff would work
with trace.  I  suspect not, and don't relish the probably very ugly task of
getting it to do so.

The more I think about it the less sure I become either way.

Other folks?

--
Richard A. Harmon          "The only good zombie is a dead zombie"
harmonra at webname.com           E. G. McCarthy