Playing Movie Files?

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at entrypoint.com
Fri Apr 28 01:02:02 UTC 2000

Well, there's actually UNIX C source for an MPEG1 and MPEG2 video codec at:

http://www.mpeg.org/MPEG/MSSG/#source

It's really just a matter of some masochist reimplementing it in Slang -
something I'm not currently brave enough to do.

>Too bad the movie codecs are not yet open source.
>(now that would be a new standard I'd welcome...
>an open source movie codec -- is the issue mostly around
>compression algorithms?).

Duane Maxwell          dmaxwell (at) entrypoint.com
CTO                       http://www.entrypoint.com
EntryPoint, Inc.    (858)348-3040  FAX(858)348-3100

Information contained herein is my personal opinion
     and not necessarily that of EntryPoint.