Squeak on PlayStation? + (Squeak Games...)

Ali Chamas dragonmystics at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 12 23:18:02 UTC 2000

Cheers Henrik,

--- Henrik Gedenryd <Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se>
wrote:
> Ali Chamas wrote:
>
> > Still waiting - Does anyone have any news on this?
> I'm
> > dead serious about the potential $$$ - Why must
> game
> > programming always rely upon C/C++ (no obvious
> > answers, please... ;)
>
> Ali,
>
> Alan posted this a month ago.
>
> > Lawson --
> >
> >> Maybe not so off-topic. Has anyone ever
> considered putting Squeak on a
> >> console game machine?
> >>
> >> PlayStation II + Squeak would be Tres Kool!!!!!!
> >>
> > We are working with SONY (and have been for some
> time) to get past their
> > incredibly binding license agreements to allow
> Squeak to be ported ...
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Alan

Whats the news on that? Are we winning? When i first
discovered the potential of Squeak, i felt like my
game developer dreams had been answered. I really
didn't feel like developing with the weight of C++,
Smalltalk is way more elegant.
When i posted this issue, i didn't get much of a
reply. I'm assuming a lot of the Squeak community is
business-application oriented, and may not see the
same potential of having Squeak running on such mass
marketed consoles as i most certainly do!!
Creative game developers need good tools to work with,
less crap to deal with (hardware, OS), and more
freedom to prove their artistic ability. The answer is
Squeak.

I would love to know of these updates, as i believe
that getting a deal with Sony would be revolutionary!

Thanks for your response,
Ali.