Nebraska

Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com
Thu Aug 17 14:51:19 UTC 2000

>I just got caught up with the latest changes and noticed that Nebraska is
>now in the update stream (cool!).  I tried starting a Nebraska server and
>Squeak crashes (just after the network gets initialized).  I remember from
>while back that you needed a plugin or two...is that still the case?  Is
>there a special VM needed?
>
>I'm running on a Windows 2000 machine.
>
>- Stephen

I've tested it with 2 Win2000 machines here - it worked very well.
One is updated to IE5.5. I can open browsers, inspectors, whatever on
the other squeak image, ...

The only thing I dont know is how to stop the client from interacting with
the server. (I can use Cmd+. but that is IMHO not the best way ;)

I use the latest 2.8 VM from Andreas:
http://wwwisg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~raab/squeak/SqueakExe.zip
The only additional thing I dont have from the original squeak release zip
is the largeintegers.dll (see attachement)
I dont know if it is required.

Bye
Torsten