Calling external programs on the mac (including Java)

David N. Smith (IBM) dnsmith at watson.ibm.com
Thu Aug 10 20:34:01 UTC 2000

Hi:

I vaguely remember that something on how to call external programs on the Mac did float past my consciousness but, if so, it didn't sink in. I usually make copies of such tidbits for later when I need them Real Bad, but no such luck this time.

Is it possible? If so, can someone tell me how? Do I remember correctly that it required AppleScript? Any examples greatly appreciated.

To make it even worse, I have found that I need to call Java from Squeak, and I can imaging all kinds of things that could go wrong.

Thanks!

Dave
David N. Smith
IBM T J Watson Research Center