can't seem to update 2.8 beta...

Bruce ONeel beoneel at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 17 11:58:44 UTC 2000

Hi,
  There have been very few updates to 2.8 and none recently.
These load of updates you've been seeing have been for 2.9 which
you can get by executing ( I recall)

EToySystem eToyVersion: 'Squeak2.9alpha' date: Date today.

then do an update.  Note that it will take quite a while at this point.

You can get a changes/images .zip at

<ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu//Smalltalk/Squeak/2.8/files/Squeak2.9a-2492.zip>
thoug note that you probably want to get into a Morphic project
sooner rather than later with this image.

cheers

bruce