Stuff in/for Squeak for children of young ages?

Jeff Pierce jpierce at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Aug 22 14:47:53 UTC 2000

Have you taken at look at Squeak Alice?  The Alice project
(http://www.alice.org) has been compared to a 3D version of Logo, and we've
found that kids as young as 7 or 8 can learn to use Alice.  The Squeak
version of Alice isn't quite as polished as the version our research group
has built (I only had 4 months vs. 4 years for our group), but the core
concepts are the same.

If you're interested, Play With Me - 7 demonstrates a little of Squeak
Alice, and my chapter (http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/squeakbook/5) in the
upcoming Squeak book gives more detail.

Jeff