Squeak in Netscape on Linux

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon Aug 14 20:45:40 UTC 2000

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Michael Rueger wrote:

> Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com wrote:
> > Where can I find a Squeak VM for Linux (Suse 6.2.)
> > which supports the -browserWindow and -secure options
> > for testing squeak as a Netscape plugin.
>
> Hmm, there are still problems with the Unix VM and the plugin API
> primitives, but the latest built from the SourceForge sources should
> work fine otherwise.
> But where is a pre-compiled one?

I put one at
http://wwwisg.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De/~bert/squeak/plugin/npsqueak-i386-linux.tar.gz

This contains the VM, the browser plugin, and some modules, ready to
extract into ~/.netscape. I'll try to get a shrinked image into it,
too, but for now it's a nice little 200K download.

> BTW, are the sources for the plugins part of SF tree yet?

Now they are ;^)

-- Bert