[BUG]HandMorph =>Wonderland and use of controlKeyPressed

Jeff Pierce jpierce at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Aug 8 18:24:33 UTC 2000

That ties into another of my beliefs: we need interrupt driven events, not
polling.  Polling results in lost events or delayed event handling, both of
which are miserable for usability.  Squeak should be able to guarantee that
user inputs will be handled within ~100 ms (preferably < 50 ms), even if
the system has to interrupt computation to do it.  And no user action
should ever, under any conditions, be lost.

Regardless, the system could bundle the modifier key status into the mouse
down (or keyboard) event, so that the programmer can determine both what
the state of the modifier keys were when a key press or mouse click
occurred, as well as their current state.

Jeff