Greetings

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Aug 18 19:07:47 UTC 2000

Hi Kev, welcome back.
chickenhead at hushmail.com wrote:
> I've been using Celeste a lot as a result, and I've made some minor
> modifications that suit my needs for a decent mail client...nothing overly
> fantastic, of course.  Firstly, on the compose message window I added another
> button and changed the label of the existing one...now there are two buttons,
>  one labelled 'send immediately' and the other labelled 'queue message'.
>  I got tired of having to 'remember' to send everything in the .tosend.
> folder. :)  I also added a menu to the compose screen containing cut/copy/paste.
Sounds good.

> On the main topics window I added an item to the menu there as well...I
> added an option to exclude yourself from the CC list (since nothing else
> I could do would keep my address out of the CC list whenever I replied to
> a message).
Yup, That is annoying. What did you do about it?

>  My question now is...shall I send the list my change set?
>  Are these changes of interest to anyone?
Sure. And its pretty trivial, too. Open a changesorter, make sure the
required edits and only they are in one changeset, give it a preamble,
and choose the menu option *mail to list*.

> My huge caveat is that I'm still
> trying to get 'in' to Squeak and Smalltalk in general...I just started out
> by playing with things and it became more useful to me after that.. :)
>
> While I'm on the topic of Celeste, I noticed that with 2.8gamma that MIME
> attachments seem to be recognized.  They don't seem to get saved correctly
> however...is this a known bug?
Nope. Maybe you can be more specific - what precisely you did, what went
wrong...