squeak for web applications?

Lyn A Headley laheadle at cs.uchicago.edu
Wed Aug 30 19:01:15 UTC 2000

hi,

I've always thought smalltalk was pretty kick ass, and I like to keep
my eyes open for possible cool web development environments.  I've had
a look at the swiki, but I don't see a section on web development,
except for references to comanche.

Personally, I am a big fan of interfacing squeak to apache.  This
offloads all the work of writing a scalable, complete http server to a
world-class team of programmers, and has other benefits as well (think
hosting options).

There's also the issue of SQL interfaces.

Anybody want to provide an update on the state of the art in writing
big-time web apps with squeak?

-Lyn