Problem translating plugins

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Aug 13 00:48:14 UTC 2000

on 8/12/00 5:29 PM, Raymond Asselin at raymondasselin at sympatico.ca wrote:

> oH!....This is my VM statistic
>
> memory          14,734,152 bytes
> old         14,521,736 bytes (98.6%)
> young       58,968 bytes (0.4%)
> used        14,580,704 bytes (99.0%)
> free        153,448 bytes (1.0%)
>
> So I think you align me to this...LACK, not Leak, of memory allocate
> to Squeak.
>
> By the way I think that my VM is "Squeak VM PPC (Aug2000Special)".
>
> I know how to add static memory to an macintosh application so I did
> for Squeak VM, but this does'nt seem to change my VM statistic, so
> may be I must do something in Squeak to allocate more memory ?
>
> Merci beaucoup for the help, I searched 5 days without any cue of
> what was happening.

Well that is a VM I built. On the Mac to make it bigger you just need to
adjust the memory size of the Squeak VM in the Finder.

However since generic Squeak images start at about say 6-8MB, I'm wondering
where or how you got it up to 14MB. If you do SystemWindow allSubInstances
how many windows do you have?

Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6