Update server for non-updates?

aaron reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Thu Aug 24 01:20:51 UTC 2000

> Smalltalk started out as a single-implementation language; there were
> ports, but there were ports of the Xerox image.
> [more stuff about the technical difficulties in doing a CPAN
workalike]

I was thinking about only doing it for Squeak.  Writing a unifying
framework
for all/most/many Smalltalk dialects would definately be a huge project.
Even different versions of Squeak aren't necesarily automatically
compatible, and I realize that, but it would be nice to have a central
repository for cool Squeak stuff that could be accessible through a
ChangeSet browser, or just a line of code (Span getPackage: 'BlueLook'
for: 'Squeak-2.8').

Aaron
-----
"Steve Jobs said two years ago that X is brain-damaged and it will be
gone in two years.  He was half right." -- Dennis Ritchie