[BUG] "Utility applyUpdatesFromDisk" stops early with the current set of update files

Mike Rutenberg mdr at scn.org
Thu Aug 17 12:55:30 UTC 2000

I was trying to do an update from disk and it did not work.  Utilities applyUpdatesFromDiskToUpdateNumber: expects that each sequential update number will be on disk and stops when it finds a file missing.

Update 2429 was retracted.  Since this file was missing, applyUpdatesFromDiskToUpdateNumber: stops and would not load subsequent updates.  (It turns out I had missed quite a few and not noticed -- oh well :-)).

Solution:
The easiest solution may be for Ted to always leave an empty file with the same number (e.g. 2429retracted.cs) when you retract an update.  Alternatively we could rewrite the method to download and use the explicit list of updates.

Thank you all for the fantastic update mechanism!

Mike

p.s. I love the ability to update from disk:
"Utilities readServerUpdatesSaveLocally: true updateImage: false.
Utilities applyUpdatesFromDisk."

_____