Squeak 2.8 available

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Aug 20 00:41:09 UTC 2000

> The Mac 2.8 VM is actually forward-compatible with the new event handling, so
> it you fire up a 2.9alpha image with it, you should not lose any events.  I
> don't know if this will be true of the other VMs.

Upon reflection this afternoon, I realized I've built the official 2.8 VM
without the required primitive call to get queued events from the OS.
Apologies to those attempting the above and not getting what you expected.
I'll look at fixing this ASAP.

Also please note somehow we managed to ship the macintosh VM with the
preferred memory allocation set to 35,528K, versus 15,000K. So you'll need
to change it.

Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6