Squeak 2.8 not listed on squeak.org???

Rob Withers withers at vnet.net
Sun Aug 27 13:52:12 UTC 2000

jchludzinski at worldkey.net wrote:

> Why is Squeak 2.8 not listed as the download target on squeak.org?
>
> ---John

Hi John!  How's the teaching system working out?  If you have a chance
to show us some of the code you have been building, could you post
it?    I'm quite sure it would prove useful.  :)

As far as 2.8 goes, it is still in the final stages of shake out on a
few platforms, and that may be why it hasn't been updated on
squeak.org.  The Unix 2.8VM is just getting there, with a few more
Plugins to shake a bit I believe.  There are some pretty big changes
going into effect.  If you take a look at the squeak archive at uiuc,
then you'll find the 2.8 folder.  There are more goodies at Ian's INRIA
site for *nix.

cheers,
Rob