[cs] kgfceleste

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Fri Aug 25 11:37:12 UTC 2000

> Kevin,
>
> Thanks for the Celeste contribution!
>
> I looked briefly through your change set.  The method
> 	Celeste categoryMenu:
> is based on an older version which does not include ballon help.  If you can base in on the most recent updates (2.9 alpha) then it will be easier to integrate.

Sure, I'll look into that.  I initially made my changes on Squeak 2.7
originally, and I'm just getting up to speed on 2.9a.

> I also wonder if we need to find a better way to handle the various preference that people naturally want to add to Celeste.   We presently tend to add a toggle to the category menu, which does not seem particularly good to me.  We should consider either adding a pane to the Global preferences window, or building a Celeste specific configuration window (to hold all the various things that need to be configured).
>
> Mike

I was thinking that as well!  Perhaps moving all the config options to a
preferences dialog (similar to the main System Preferences one) would be a
good idea?  (BTW I really like the new system prefs dialog...it's a big
improvement over the pre 2.8 one).

I had some other ideas for 'enhancements' to Celeste that I'm wondering if
anyone is interested in.  For one I'd like to make the messages pane sortable
based on either subject, author or date (this also has the effect of having
your new email arrive either at the top or the bottom of the list, depending
on sort criteria...I prefer my email to be listed newest first).

Also, is there any interest in having Celeste automatically route your email
to different folders, depending on simple matching criterion?  I'm not talking
something as complex as Procmail :), just something simple like "if mail is
from foo at bar.com, move it to the 'foobar' folder when received".  (I'm a
multi-mailbox fanatic, which is why I like MH and Procmail so much. :)