Problem translating plugins

Raymond Asselin raymondasselin at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 13 00:29:34 UTC 2000

<raymondasselin at sympatico.ca>
>  wrote:
>  >For now I'm using 2.8-2348.Image, and Squeak VM 2.8beta5
>  >I'm doing in Morphic a data related application using BobUI.
>  >
>  >The problem....often Squeak freeze (every thing is block I can't
do
>  >anaything else than "Command + Option + Escape keys" ) and the
>  >cursor is hiden, no wallback...most frequently this happen when I
try
>  >to displace a window (BobUI window).
>
>  Raymond,
>
>  Some questions:
>
>  - If you take the standard BobsUI without any modifications

You remind me that I added BobsUIv2updateOnly from "Doug Way",
some weeks ago.

>  and open the example
>  window do you experience the same problem?

>  - When this happens, does Cmd-period have any effect?
>  - What is the value returned by "Smalltalk garbageCollect"?

 215788  is this number,  'bytes' left ?

...When trying to answer yours questions, I wanted to check changes
so I tried:
Menu World -- Changes... -- SimpleChangeSorter... BANG!!!
everything is frozen again...

 oH!....This is my VM statistic

memory          14,734,152 bytes
    old         14,521,736 bytes (98.6%)
    young       58,968 bytes (0.4%)
    used        14,580,704 bytes (99.0%)
    free        153,448 bytes (1.0%)

So I think you align me to this...LACK, not Leak, of memory allocate
to Squeak.

By the way I think that my VM is "Squeak VM PPC (Aug2000Special)".

I know how to add static memory to an macintosh application so I did
for Squeak VM, but this does'nt seem to change my VM statistic, so
may be I must do something in Squeak to allocate more memory ?

Merci beaucoup for the help, I searched 5 days without any cue of
what was happening.