Large integers

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Fri Aug 4 01:19:51 UTC 2000

I get a substantially different result, using the LargeIntegers plugin:

	Time millisecondsToRun: [(855 raisedTo: 2753) \\ 3233]

155 milliseconds.  Of course, if you try to print the result of

	855 raisedTo: 2753

it will take a few weeks to compute the radix 10 representation.  On
the other hand, executing the doIt:

	x := 855 raisedTo: 2753

is fast, really fast.  For me, printing the result of the expression:

	(855 raisedTo: 2753) \\ 3233

was virtually instantaneous.

Andrew C. Greenberg		acg at netwolves.com
V.P. Eng., R&D, 		813.885.2779 (office)
NetWolves Corporation		813.885.2380 (facsimile)
www.netwolves.com

Please use werdna at mucow.com instead of werdna at gate.net