Interpreter speedup possible?

Jarvis, Robert P. (Contingent) Jarvisb at timken.com
Fri Aug 11 17:42:41 UTC 2000

I ran

	5000000 // (Time millisecondsToRun: [10 benchmark]) * 1000

six times using Dolphin 3.06, VWNC 5i.2, and Squeak 2.7, threw out the
largest and smallest result of six runs, and averaged the remaining values
for each of the Smalltalk implementations.

	VWNC 5i.2		177145500
	Dolphin 3.06	46087250
	Squeak 2.7		38461000

All run on an 800 MHz P-III under Windows NT 4.0, service pack 6a.

Bob Jarvis
Compuware @ Timken