Nebraska

Jerry Bell jdbell at fareselaw.com
Thu Aug 17 13:56:32 UTC 2000

I ran a Nebraska session between two NT 4.0 workstations (over a LAN - it
was quick and very impressive!  In fact, the performance looked much better
than a VNC session over the same network (although the VNC session was to a
Win98 laptop).

Anyway, these were just basic virgin 2.8 images which I updated all the way,
then bumped versions to 2.9. and caught the new updates there. I don't know
of any special plug-ins.  I ran the session the evening the changes were
released, but I haven't had a chance to play with it any more since.

I do know that I'm very impressed- I've been waiting for this aspect for a
long time...

Also, I played around with the paint app within Nebraska.  The paintbrush
seemed confused by the presence of two hands, and tended to draw between
them.  I haven't had a chance to look at the code yet though.

Regardless, this along with the new communication stuff simply rocks!

BTW, I've got several Win2k machines here.  Perhaps this evening I'll have
enough time to copy Squeak over to a couple and see if Nebraska will work.
I'll report the results.

Jerry Bell
jdbell at fareselaw.com