[Feature] another clientserver framework

Johan Fabry johan.fabry at vub.ac.be
Wed Aug 30 10:54:47 UTC 2000

"Göran Hultgren" wrote:

> > So I promised you the clientserverframework.  It still doesn't work well
> > (the RMI part is in shambles  - Chatter - and I am slowly getting it
> > moved to other classes.

As soon as I can find some time I will explore this too.

> Okidoki. I am harvesting code from all around - Peter Smet sent me his Fly-By-Wire stuff - has not
> checked it yet though. But on the other hand I have looked a little at Johan Fabry's RMP stuff -
> it is "like RMI" with transparent proxies etc. The code looks well written (no sweat grokking it)
> and it is SIMPLE.

Yay. /me is happy.

> I thought I should look through all code I could get my hands on and then try to pick what looks
> best and combine them. For example - SRP looks quite interesting for Serialization. Johan's RMP
> (Remote Messaging Protocol) looks simple and extensible - as perhaps your stuff is too? :-)

RMP = Remote Message Passing. Please do not mutilate my names ;-)

> I will post a summary when I am done.

Please do, I think many people would benefit.

"You are more than the sum       Johan Fabry - Johan.Fabry at vub.ac.be
 of what you consume.            Vrije Universiteit Brussel
 Desire is not an occupation."   Programming Technology Lab, Room 10F709
  -- KMFDM                       Pleinlaan 2, 1050 Brussels, Belgium