SMIX was: (Re: [ANN][Goodies] Dandelion 0.4 SP2)

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Fri Aug 11 15:42:17 UTC 2000

Masashi Umezawa wrote:

> (I admit that the features like comment, primitive, and argumentName are
> all supported
> in any Smalltalk dialects. So my notion of what is minimum in Smalltalk
> may be wrong).

You could also do both: include the plain source code and the meta
information in additional tags. These could be ignored in dialects that
don't know how to deal with them.
This would allow to reason about the code within compiling it first.
Important for e.g. the sandbox security.

Michael

--
 "To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often."
                                            Winston Churchill