FW: [Qsoul] FW: Bug in class message behaviour

Jon Hylands Jon at huv.com
Mon Aug 28 18:30:25 UTC 2000

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:14:48, Mats Nygren <nygren at sics.se> wrote:

> I think there is a distinction to be made:
> - some proxies like ObjectOut becomes their real objects. They inherit ProtoObject directly and will turn into their real object when debugged. (Probably before that).
> - others like a decorator will remain a distinct object and never become what they proxy. These would be very difficult to debug unless they handled the debugger messages themselves so should inherit DebuggableProtoObject.

My feeling is that proxies should be as transparent as much as they
can be. If you're debugging proxies, and it shouldn't happen very
often, you can afford to do a little nastiness.

You don't want to have to go through hoops to debug your application,
which is hopefully where most of the bugs are.

Later,
Jon

           http://www.huv.com