Help with Squeak presentation to DoD!

John O'Shea john_oshea at wordbank.co.uk
Wed Aug 30 15:45:31 UTC 2000

>I'm going to be giving a presentation to some DoD folks about the
>wonders of Squeak and why it ought to be seriously consider as a
>candidate for development work (for a wargaming project).  I'm
>currently using it for the prototype, so naturally the question
>arose: Should we continue to use Squeak (Smalltalk in general vs.
>C++, Java, etc. [the usual suspects])?

You might want to contact the author of this job posting, one Donald
Malcolm MacQueen <dmacq at erols.com>:

>JWARS (The Joint Warfare System) is a multiyear project
>sponsored by the Department of Defense. We are building
>a large simulation of theater level warfare using
>VisualAge Smalltalk.  We are doing things that have
>never been done before in DoD simulations.

<http://x51.deja.com/%5BST_rn=ps%5D/getdoc.xp?AN=614066968&CONTEXT=967649787.2128412677&hitnum=68>

(should all be on one line)

It was posted on comp.lang.smalltalk a few months back and attracted
a lot of very off-topic followups from what I dimly recall - I didn't
really follow the topic.

Hope that helps,

--
John O'Shea  <mailto:john_oshea at wordbank.co.uk>
PGP fingerprint: 9A0A 47F7 A822 813E FFD4  B7B9 4194 C3F8 E610 F7C4