Status of the official releases

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Aug 8 14:14:56 UTC 2000

I'm trying to catch up after a couple of trips, too, and I'm also
confused.  It seems that 2.8 is in a "beta" state (i.e., not yet
considered completed, but only bug fixes going into it) and 2.9 is
the current "alpha" (i.e., test pilots can get into the update
stream).

Is this correct?

Mark

At 1:10 PM +0200 8/2/00, Stephane Ducasse wrote:
>Hi
>
>Apparently I lost a lot of emails during my holidays.
>I would like to know what is the status of the next official
>releases.
>
>I was staying on the fact that 2.7 was official
>and that 2.8 was out but not that official and that 2.9 was in alpha.
>
>Is it right?
>When are the next official release planned?
>
>Thanks
>
>Stephane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch) http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/
>"if you knew today was your last day on earth, what would you do
>different? ... especially if, by doing something different, today
>might not be your last day on earth" Calvin&Hobbes
>
>University of Bern, Institut fuer informatik and Mathematik
>IAM-SCG, 10 neubruckstrasse, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland.

Associate Professor - Learning Sciences & Technologies.
Collaborative Software Lab - http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl/
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu