Learning B3D (newbie)

Jesse Welton jwelton at pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu
Wed Aug 2 16:55:25 UTC 2000

I also had a couple of questions about the B3D engine.  In my
experimenting, I've been putting a B3DSceneObject with a B3DSimpleMesh
into a B3DSceneMorph.  I eventually figured out how to use the
texCoords to texturize the model, and color the whole thing with a
B3DMaterial with an appropriate emission color.  What's stumping me,
though, is how B3D works with translucency.  I'd really like to be
able to use translucent 3D objects, and B3DMaterial and
B3DMaterialColor support some kind of alpha channel, but it doesn't do
anything for my models.  So, two questions: Can I do what I want?
(And even if I can't) Where should I look to start understanding
translucency and lighting?

-Jesse