[BUG]Delays and relinquishProcessor interact badly

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 18 02:55:47 UTC 2000

Whilst performing some cleanup on Andreas' changes to my event handling
code I realised that there is a potentially nasty interaction between
Delays and the relinquishProcessor prim.

If you are expecting a Delay to finish in say 300 ms, and the idle loop
gets to run (you're waiting on a Delay after all) then the rP prim will
(attempt to) wait 1000ms. You'll miss your wakeup call!

At the very least the rP method ought to check with the active Delay to
set the sleep for the right sort of time.

tim
Strange OpCodes: IPL: Invent Program Lines