[BUG?] Funky 3D Colors on my FreeBSD Unix Build

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Tue Aug 15 04:22:16 UTC 2000

At 5:33 PM +0200 8/14/00, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Douglas Brebner wrote:
>
>>  P.S. Autodetecting this may be difficult if the display has a different
>>  endianess than the host (anyone know of such systems?)
>
>That case is handled elsewhere. Only the CPU's endianess
>matters. This is detected by autoconf which defines/undefs
>WORDS_BIGENDIAN.

Be that as it may, Doug's recommendation to define LSB_FIRST solved my problem.

It would appear that some changes to the Makefiles, configure files
or to b3Dtypes.h, which uses LSB_FIRST in lieu of WORD_BIGENDIAN, are
in order.

Thanks all, for your helpful remarks.  I now retract my statement
about the difficulty of building from sourceforge, and may soon try
my hand at building a FreeBSD port.
Andrew C. Greenberg		acg at netwolves.com
V.P. Eng., R&D, 		813.885.2779 (office)
NetWolves Corporation		813.885.2380 (facsimile)
www.netwolves.com

Please use werdna at mucow.com instead of werdna at gate.net