[FIX][VM] InterpreterSupportCode squeakFilePrimsFile patch

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 8 00:29:22 UTC 2000

In message <20000805090235.A23671 at conch.msen.com> you wrote:

> This change declares thisSession as an external, allowing the intended
> global access when the VM is built in pluginized form. The change
> requires that thisSession be declared elsewhere in the interpreter
> support code.
David, should your file really have come through looking like:-

  'From Squeak2.9alpha of 13 June 2000 [latest update: #2447] on 29 July 2000 at 12:02:21 pm'!
!
re sizeof(SQFile) bytes.
!
sSession;
!
terpreterProxy->success(false);
!
har cFileName[1001];
!
en(cFileName, "rb");
!
x);
!
, SEEK_SET);
!
n;  /* update file size */

????

Also, I think I have to disapprove of trying to use thisSession as a
global in the context of external plugins. I suspect it is a dangerous
assumption that all plugin-mechanisms can access global variables like
that.
Safer would be an accessor function like those used for nil (nilObject()
) and false (falseObj() ) etc.

tim

Strange OpCodes: LC: Lobotomize CPU