"official" VMs

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Sat Aug 12 00:51:43 UTC 2000

>Recently there has been much of interest and activity surrounding
>the installation of unix VM sources on SourceForge.  This has the
>potential advantage of making those sources easily available to a
>number of people attempting to work together on changes to the VM.
>It also has the potentially disastrous property that, if not
>undertaken in partnership with the official purveyor, it can lead to
>utter confusion over what VM has what features, bugs, etc.

While I am not sure Dan is entirely right, I will note that while I
had no problem building one of Ian's VMs on a FreeBSD system, I have
yet to get a successful build of the SourceForge version.
Andrew C. Greenberg		acg at netwolves.com
V.P. Eng., R&D, 		813.885.2779 (office)
NetWolves Corporation		813.885.2380 (facsimile)
www.netwolves.com

Please use werdna at mucow.com instead of werdna at gate.net