Problem translating plugins

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Aug 12 18:01:47 UTC 2000

on 8/12/00 7:19 AM, Henrik Gedenryd at Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se wrote:

> Bob Arning wrote:
>
>> I just tried
>>
>> SoundCodecPlugin translate
>>
>> in 2.9a and got a walkback. An attempt was made to create a directory in the
>> Squeak directory called 'SoundCodecPrims', but that's also the name of the
>> plugin file and the Mac does not allow a file and a directory by the same
>> name
>> in the same directory. Is this one of those platform-specific issues? Or
>> something else?
>
> Yes, this is a Mac issue, which ought to be fixed. I changed it to append '
> folder' to the name. Another workaround is to put your plugins in a Plugins
> folder, but that requires the fix I posted a while ago.
>
> Henrik

Hi, Henrik your fix for the plugin directory path issue was noted and I made
some changes a week back. Today I'll look at this issue of building these
two plugins, and the FFI stuff. If you or any other mac Squeaker have any
other Mac VM related issues please let me know as soon as possible since 2.8
is pending and we should not miss the opportunity to ensure things are fixed
before rolling that out.

Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6