Mouse enter/leave "bug"

Gargus, Joshua -ND Joshua.Gargus.-ND at disney.com
Wed Aug 2 02:44:41 UTC 2000

	Hi Morphic hackers,

	Currently, a morph (aMorph) has no way of being notified when a the
cursor leaves one of its
	submorphs but stays within aMorph.  There have been several
instances when I've wished that
	a #mouseEnter event was generated and sent to aMorph, and I am
unable to think of a situation
	where the current behavior would be preferred.

	I traced the problem to two methods in HandMorph, #handleDragOver:
and #handleMouseOver:.
	I've attached a changeset that attempts to fix the problem, but
fails miserably.  One reason is that
	sometimes the cursor has moved onto another submorph of aMorph, and
the event that I cause
	to be generated to aMorph trounces the one sent to the submorph.  I
can imagine going through
	the #mouseEnter list to get rid of morphs whose submorphs also
appear in the list, but:
		1. I don't know if this would solve the problem
		2. That seems like an excessively expensive bit of code to
put into the event loop

	Does anyone else have any insights?

	Thanks, <<MouseLeaveAndEnterFixes.2.cs.gz>>
	Joshua