Problem translating plugins

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sat Aug 12 22:05:54 UTC 2000

On Sat, 12 Aug 2000 17:32:54 -0400 Raymond Asselin <raymondasselin at sympatico.ca> wrote:
>For now I'm using 2.8-2348.Image, and Squeak VM 2.8beta5
>I'm doing in Morphic a data related application using BobUI.
>
>The problem....often Squeak freeze (every thing is block I can't do
>anaything else than "Command + Option + Escape keys" ) and the
>cursor is hiden, no wallback...most frequently this happen when I try
>to displace a window (BobUI window).

Raymond,

Some questions:

- If you take the standard BobsUI without any modifications and open the example window do you experience the same problem?
- When this happens, does Cmd-period have any effect?
- What is the value returned by "Smalltalk garbageCollect"?
- When this happens, try waiting a few minutes. Sometimes there is a recursion/loop that takes a while to exhaust memory.
- After this happens and you restart squeak, do you see either of the files

	SqueakDebug.log
	LowSpaceDebug.log

in the squeak directory with a date and time from around the time of the error?

Cheers,
Bob