[BUG?]New Event Architecture Queue Sequencing?

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Mon Dec 4 03:53:27 UTC 2000

Sorry, my retraction of the bug report appears premature.  It repeats
with regularity now on my iMac, with current changesets and the B5
MacOS VM.  The problem, as mentioned, is that events, after a bunch
have backed up, tend to fire off at the rate of about 1 per second,
which can only be heightened by, for example, pressing the shift key,
or the like.

This problem or problems similar to this, tends to account for some
sluggishness I have recently experienced in Morphic, where hitting a
shift key tends to make things come "back to life."

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?  I suggest running the
script I posted at the beginning of this thread, opening a transcript
and running a long sentence with overlapping keypresses.  After a
bit, the event listings slow down to less than one per second or so.

This is a real problem for real-time game I/O.