Cincom Open Sources 'Frost'

Ken G. Brown kbrown at tnc.com
Wed Dec 20 04:41:00 UTC 2000

I happened across this at <http://www.missionsoft.com/>:
------
Mission Software, Inc. has created a Smalltalk
compiler for the Java Virtual Machine. This
compiler allows Smalltalk to run on any JVM.
The compiler currently produces 100% Java
class files fully compatible with the Sun Java
Virtual Machine specification. This allows
Smalltalk and Java code to interact seamlessly
and allows Smalltalk programs to run
anywhere Java runs!

What's new:
1.JDBC example,
demonstrating the ability to
access databases from
Smalltalk/JVM via JDBC APIs.
------

At 14:59 -0500 on 12/16/00,  Alan Knight is rumored to have written: