2.9 speed

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Wed Dec 20 09:31:29 UTC 2000

I've seen tinyBenchmarks slowdowns on the order of 3-5% from merely filing
in change sets, regardless of what the change sets actually change. This was
after loading about 200 updates for 2.9. At about 2990 there was a marked
slowdown, but as it turned out, not related to a specific change set (and
none of those around 2990+ contained any obvious potential speed-hogs in the
code). I explicitly tried different sets with "harmless" changes and this
gave a similar slowdown regardless. There was no obvious reason for this
(like open change browsers).

This may result from loading a large number of updates (e.g. hundreds for
2.9a currently). Perhaps purging a lot of these update change sets (not the
actual changes) will give you some speed back?

Henrik