2.9a majorShrink bug & shrunken Morphic

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Sat Dec 16 15:31:43 UTC 2000

Hey Kevin:

On Sat, 16 Dec 2000, Kevin Fisher wrote:

> > On Fri, 15 Dec 2000 22:35:00 -0500 Kevin Fisher <kgf at golden.net> wrote:
> > >The image size is about 13megs, which isn't too bad, but the changes file is
> > >huge!
> >
> > Kevin
> >
> > Is that *after* shrinking? My normal image is around 13.5 meg, so this doesn't
>
> Yes, I believe so.

I'm surpised that this is after *major*Shrinking. Did I miss something?

>  There was a lot of activity when I discarded MVC but
> it still seems like a lot is left over.

Ah! Still, I do a minor modification to #majorShrink to leave morphic and
networking in (off a bare 2.8 image) and get 2.8 megs without being
especially careful. I can send you it, if you like.

And yes, shrinking can take a while.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.