Life implementations of a Turing Machine

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Fri Dec 1 10:35:49 UTC 2000

> From: Mike Rutenberg [mailto:mdr at scn.org]
> Subject: Life implementations of a Turing Machine
> It might be slow, but it would be unique!

11,040 generations per Turing machine step, and regenerating delay-line
memory bits.  Yes, it would be slow --- but it's a beautiful thing to watch
if you can find a monitor large enough.  My 1280x1024 shows about two thirds
of the pattern.  Gives a whole new meaning to being able to see inside the
machine, anyway!

Given the Life terminology with patterns like 'Queen bee', would altering
the VM on this be debugging, bugging or re-bugging?

		- Peter