Cincom open-sources Frost.

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Sat Dec 16 04:13:31 UTC 2000

The annoying licensing person here again.  Sorry.

PPL may, or may not, be compatible with the Squeak License.  My first
review of that license indicates that the question may be, well,
complicated.  I am heartened by the specific provisions
distinguishing Covered Code, from modifications to Covered Code, to
Larger Works.  In particular:

3.7. Larger Works.
You may create a Larger Work by combining Covered Code with other
code not governed by the terms of this License and distribute the
Larger Work as a single product. In such a case, You must make sure
the requirements of this License are fulfilled for the Covered Code.

I consider this to be quite promising, as compared to the problems we
had with GPL.  However, if there is going to be a large development
effort to this end, the question should be fathomed early on.